Welcome. Are you pregnant? Or are you figuring out your way through new parenthood? This is the blog for you! As a mother to a 3 year old boy and 1 year old boy/girl twins, I've been there, done that. From breastfeeding to potty training. From natural labor to c-section. And from swaddling to car seats. I have advice and I'm not afraid to share it! If you have a question, just ask me!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Pregnancy and Sleep...Great Sleep!

If you are 7+ months pregnant, you just won't sleep well, right?  Not necessarily!

Amazingly enough, with my twin pregnancy I slept full nights of sleep right up until the very end at 38 weeks.  On top of having 60+ pounds on me, I was due in July.  And it was the hottest summer on record for where I live in the hot south.  How was I getting such amazing sleep?  Hypnosis!

No, not hypnosis like you've seen as an entertainment act.  I used the Hypnobabies Self Study course.  I listened to a hypnosis track every night going to bed, and it helped me relax and feel good and if I got up in the middle of the night and wasn't asleep after 10 minutes, I just turned my ipod back on and listened some more and would soon be out again.  And yes, I can boast that I was well rested going in for my c-section at 38 weeks and 1 day!

If you'd like to try this for free, Hypnobabies offers a free "Relax Me" track.  This track has nothing to do with pregnancy.  So if you're not pregnant, but just need a nice way to fall asleep, try it!  If you are pregnant, try it too.  And if you like it, I recommend looking into Hypnobabies for childbirth course.  It made my twin pregnancy such a positive one.  There is also a free track that explains what Hypnobabies for childbirth is all about. 

Happy sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment